MARUBUN CORPORATION Personal Information Protection Policy
MARUBUN CORPORATION (hereinafter called “the Company”) fully recognizes the importance and social need for the protection of privacy and personal information and will work toward its appropriate management by establishing a policy as follows.
- In conjunction with the protection and handling of personal information, the Company will comply with the related laws, regulations and norms.
- The Company will also establish internal rules to avoid the occurrence of unauthorized access, falsification, leak and external disclosure, and take precautionary and corrective measures.
- In conjunction with the collection of personal information, the Company will clarify the purpose of use and properly handle personal information according to the scope and purpose of use.
- The Company will review and improve the rules, systems and organizations related to the protection of personal information, including this policy, as necessary.
MARUBUN CORPORATION Handling of personal information
In conjunction with the handling of personal information, the Company will establish a “Personal Information Protection Policy” and comply with laws associated with the protection of personal information and other related laws and regulations as well as this “handling of personal information.”
Purpose of useThe Company will not use personal information for any purpose other than the stated purpose of use, except in the following cases.
1.The Company will use personal information within the scope of purpose of use set forth below.
- Notification for the implementation of operations, the delivery of products and services and issuance of invoices and other equivalent transaction reports in conjunction with the Company’s businesses (provision of products and services and development of products, among other operations, pertaining to semiconductors and electronic components, measurement and inspection equipment, scientific equipment, electric and communication equipment, precision equipment and defense equipment)
- Notification of business talks, meetings, etc.
- Notification of new products, services and events
- Notification of new information about the Company and events (exhibitions, etc.)
- Distribution of e-mail magazines issued by the Company
- Request for questionnaire participation, such as a customer satisfaction survey
- Discussion of different types of contracts
- Discussion of contracts with clients
- Provision of information and delivery of documentation materials to shareholders and investors
- Management of the employment of permanent and temporary employees
- Notification and provision of information pertaining to recruiting activities
- Notification of surveys and reports with regard to compliance
- If approved by the relevant person
- Use under conditions in which the relevant person cannot be identified (statistical materials, etc.)
- Use for any purpose other than the abovementioned purpose of use on the condition that such use is approved under relevant laws, regulations, policies and/or guidelines
The Company uses the personal information jointly among its group companies according to the abovementioned scope of purpose of use. Notwithstanding this, the Company is responsible for the management of personal information in conjunction with such joint use.
Management of personal information
The Company will comply with relevant laws and regulations, policies, and guidelines, as well as the Company’s personal information protection policy and rules for the protection of personal information and manage personal information strictly under conditions in which appropriate security measures are implemented. By doing so, it will avoid the occurrence of unauthorized access, falsification, leak, external disclosure, and use for any purpose other than the aforementioned purpose of use.
Provisioning of personal information to third parties
The Company will not disclose personal information to any third party except in the following cases.
- If approved by the relevant person.
- Disclosure under conditions in which the relevant person cannot be recognized (statistical materials, etc.).
- Disclosure to clients and contactors for the outsourcing of operations, among other parties, who are obligated to comply with the confidentiality agreements of the Company, to the extent necessary to fulfill the aforementioned purpose of use.
- If responding to any person from the Company’s clients and contactors for the outsourcing of operations is considered reasonable based on the content of such person’s inquiry and/or request for documentation materials, among others.
- If personal information is shared among the Company’s group companies to the extent necessary to fulfill the aforementioned purpose of use.
Procedures for request for disclosure, etc.
If the Company receives a request for the disclosure, correction, termination of use and/or deletion, among other requests pertaining to personal information managed by the Company, it will promptly deal with such a request after confirmation with the person who made such a request.
Security of websites, etc.
The Company applies Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption, a security measure that prevents eavesdropping on the network, to any page of the Company’s website that requires the entry of personal information. Therefore, a browser that supports SSL should be installed for the registration of personal information.
The Cookie is a scheme that works as a customer is viewing webpages. It saves the customer’s access history and input data, among other information, sent and received to/from the internet browsing software (browser) and servers on a customer’s computer in the form of a file. If a customer allows the sending/receiving of the Cookie file in the browser settings, the Company may collect the Cookie file saved on that customer’s computer and relate the collected access history to personal information.
The Company may also access the Cookie saved on a customer’s computer through the webpages of third parties entrusted with the distribution of advertisements by the Company or webpages other than those on the Company’s website, and use the collected information for the distribution of advertisements and/or publicity of the Company’s products.
A customer may change the browser settings such as “Cookie accepted”, “Cookie rejected” and “Customer will be notified if Cookie is received,” in conjunction with the sending/receiving of the Cookie. If a customer chooses “Cookie rejected” when setting up a browser, the customer may not receive all of the services provided by the Company.
Inquiries about personal information
If any customer makes a request such as for the disclosure, correction, termination of use, and/or deletion of the customer’s personal information, the Company will promptly respond to such request according to the procedures prescribed by the Company.
In the event of any discrepancy between the English version and the Japanese version of this content, the Japanese version shall prevail.